1. I usually bring home quite a lot of free meat from work these days, but today I got what is probably the best catch ever: almost half a pound of tuna sashimi that is "sale" priced at like $38 pound. For free! No discoloration or anything. So we made tuna tataki with it and it was SO GOOD.
2. Not only did I get a decent amount of stuff done at work today, I also did some translating this morning.
3. I remembered to do my weekly report on time. (It's supposedly due Saturday nights, but I never have time to actually do it at work, and a lot of times I mean to do it when I get home but then forget.)
1. I get to sleep in for three days in a row! Looking forward to that.
2. We had pizza for dinner tonight and I got Hawaiian, which I haven't had in a while. It was so delicious!
3. Tomorrow is the end of the pay period and I got most of the time card corrections entered today. Aside from any mistakes there might be tomorrow (hopefully none), I'm all done. I have to say, while there are things that annoy me about Kronos, it does have some advantages over TimeForce, the main one being that it doesn't take ages to enter changes.
4. Apparently Heidi was very interested in birds today. So interested, that she noticed them from her nest all the way across the room from the window and got up and went over there to see them (just needed some help getting up on her window seat) and actively watched them for a while.
1. I was hoping to get out of work by one or one-thirty today and it ended up being more like two or two-thirty, but it still was less than a full day (yay) and at least the money for overtime is good, so there's that.
2. Kitty doesn't seem interested in much wet food at all, but she is eating a lot (for relative values of "a lot") of treats and drinking a lot of water, so at least she's got something going in her tummy.
3. The strawberry swiss rolls I love are on sale this week at work.
1. I got permission to put up an ad on Craiglist at work and we've had quite a lot of responses so far, so hopefully we can find some new people. We never seem to have much luck just putting a "help wanted" sign in the window, especially lately.
2. Alexander was able to give us a ride to the vet yesterday, which I'm really grateful for. We've been racking up enough in vet bills without having to add car rental fees each time.
3. Carla decided not to go on her trip to visit her parents, which she'd planned for this Wednesday, and while I hate losing the money from the ticket and I know she was looking forward to the trip, I'm so glad to have her here. I don't want to go through this alone, or to have her away from Heidi if we lose her, and I don't want to leave Heidi alone all the time while I'm at work, either.
4. Heidi is still super weak and not eating much (though she did eat more last night and this morning than she was in the few days before that), but at least her fever seems to have broken in the night. (Though I was hoping she'd feel a little better if she wasn't feverish, but idk that she actually does.)
5. Although my heart breaks every time I see her in this weak state or think about losing her, I am so glad to have had her in my life. I lived so long without her and had so little time with her (less than a year!), but she has become such a huge part of my life. She is the best kitten ever and I love her so much.
Thank you all again for your comments on the previous post. I really appreciate them, even if I don't feel up to answering them individually at this time.
Thanks for all your comments yesterday. I don't know that I will be able to answer them individually. I'm just feeling really drained right now.
The vet said Heidi probably has Feline Infectious Periontitis, which is basically incurable. It's difficult to test for because the cause is a virus that all cats have and causes no problems, which in some cats mutates and kills them. But by her symptoms, they don't think it could be anything else. The vet yesterday had brought it up as a worst case scenario, too, but we were hoping that wasn't it. However, this was a different vet today, and she also asked other vets in the building what they thought and they all concurred. Of course there's still a chance that it might not be that, since there is no way to know for sure. It does seem like the appetite stimulant finally kicked in today and this evening she ate more than she has in recent days, but of course she's still so weak. I'm hoping against hope that she continues to improve and it turns out it was something else entirely, but I'm bracing myself for the worst.
Heidi is still barely eating and getting weaker, so this morning I called the vet as soon as they opened and was able to get an appointment for this morning. I thought I might be able to get her there and back before work but the earliest appointment they had was 11.30 and it ended up taking a long time, so I just called in and told them I'd be late. I'm really glad I have the freedom to do that right now and that today wasn't a day where I had a ton of stuff to do.
Anyway, the vet did some tests and couldn't find anything particularly wrong, so I'm still going with my theory that the antibiotics upset her stomach and made her not want to eat. The problem is getting her to eat again. The vet did give me some appetite stimulants and we gave her one as soon as I brought her home, but so far it doesn't seem to have had much effect.
She is eating a little, but it's clearly not enough and she's so weak right now... Please think good thoughts for her. She's been through so much lately, poor baby. I really hope I can get her to eat some more tomorrow.
1. It rained today, but I did not get rained on! (Well, it was sprinkling when I was going to work, but it was really nothing compared to how soaked I got yesterday.)
2. I woke up before the alarm this morning, quite a bit before, in fact, and it was really nice to be able to sit and eat breakfast and internet a bit before getting ready rather than just having to dash out the door right after waking up.
1. It rained a lot today! I wish it hadn't been raining right when I left work, as I was completely soaked by the time I got home, but I'm excited about the rain. (It's supposed to rain tomorrow, too.)
2. My wallet completely fell apart and Carla found a nice-looking one on Amazon for cheap and ordered it for me and I really like it!
3. It looks like the antibiotics cured whatever was wrong with the kitten's gums. After just about a day, her bad breath was completely gone, and by the end of two weeks, her gums had gone from really red to a darkish pink, and now they're a much lighter pink that I think is probably pretty much normal color. The only problem now is that I think the antibiotics upset her stomach and now even though she's been off them for several days, she hasn't been eating much. We're trying to get her to eat again, and so far she's been really into these catnip flavored treats I got her the other day. (She's also been eating a little bit of both dry and wet food, but definitely not as much as she should be, and because she's not eating much, she just lies around and sleeps all day because she has no energy. Gah!)
4. I managed to get out of work after five hours today! And then I came home and we ordered pizza and then I took a nap. :)
1. Aside from a couple items which won't be delivered until tomorrow, I got all my sales displays done today!
2. We hired a new stocker, who I hope will work out.
3. Tomorrow is my early day, but considering I got all my displays done today and have to go in Thursday so I can do my ordering then, I might actually be able to leave on time tomorrow rather than staying late, which means I would get home early, too! (Usually I end up working until my usual time to go home even though I come in two hours earlier on Wednesdays.)
1. I had a pretty productive day today. Got some errands done, and some housework, and some translating, and made delicious food for dinner.
2. I tried the "take a photo of your check with your cell phone and deposit it from home" thing for the first time and it worked! I hardly ever get checks, but it's nice to know I don't have to go to the bank to deposit them when I do get one.
3. We got the water bill and it did make mention on the back of upcoming mandatory 20% usage reduction, so I went on their website to see what exactly was going on with that, and it looks like if you use under a certain amount, it won't apply. As we already use very little water (less than a quarter of their threshold for low usage), I'm very pleased about that.
4. I keep thinking about this every day on the way to work and then forgetting by the time I write up these posts, but they finally filled in this huge pothole that has been annoying me. It was about two feet wide, from the curb out into the driving lane, so the only times I could go around it were when there wasn't any traffic, and other times I had to just grit my teeth and clunk through it, but now it's all filled in, so I don't have to worry about it anymore!
5. We went to See's today and Carla had a coupon from the last time she went, for a free box of peanut brittle!
1. We got the last of our employee gift certificates today. They changed the system once again, so now we will just be getting a discount at the register rather than tracking our purchases and giving us gift certificates for 10% of everything. That was a terrible system anyway, but it was nice to get the gift certificate (even if we had to spend the whole amount at once since they never got a gift card system working, and even if it sometimes took them a month or more to get it to us even though they had originally said it would be within the first week of the following month). The only downside is the new employee discount is only 5% rather than 10%. Anyway, now I have two gift certificates to spend, yay. :D
2. It was super hectic when I got to work, but I actually ended up getting quite a bit done today.
3. It looks like it's supposed to be quite cool all next week, with a chance of rain a few days (a low chance, but it could still happen). I hope that comes true!
1. As payday is next Friday, this Sunday is the deadline for timecard corrections for the current pay period and this is the first time we have been using our new time clock and software, so rather than do it on Saturday like I usually do, I decided to start today, knowing it would be more of a headache. There are some things that are easier than the old software (we went from using TimeForce to Kronos), but it's much more of a hassle to read/parse so it takes longer to figure out if people are missing punches. I'm really glad I got started a day earlier, because it did take a good chunk of the afternoon and I didn't finish yet.
2. Carla went to the UPS store today to return some packages and since it's right next to See's, she got me some candy. :D
3. It did not rain when I was going to work or coming home, though it did rain a bit while I was at work.
1. Yesterday was my early day, and as usual I ended up working a couple hours overtime, so I was pretty tired when I got home. I hadn't realised I was tired enough to go take a nap around 7:30pm and sleep twelve hours, but if I needed that sleep, I'm glad I got it!
2. Galavant got renewed! And Fresh Off the Boat! Also Bob's Burgers and Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Simpsons, but I hadn't really been worried about those.
3. Several months ago I accidentally bought a Groupon for something I'd been looking at (I thought clicking on it would get me more information, but clicking on it purchased it with no confirmation or anything! Fun!) and thankfully it was something I was actually interested in (otherwise I would have tried to get my money back), an Argentinian restaurant called Gaucho Grill, which we'd been to once before when they had a location in Santa Monica. Unfortunately now their closest location is in Brentwood, which is less convenient, so we'd put off going there until the Groupon was about to expire, but we finally went today and it was so delicious! Quite a bit more expensive than I remember it being when we went before, but the Groupon was for $30, so that was about half off... Anyway, it was a nice dinner out.
4. It's raining this evening! Yay, rain! And yay for not starting to rain until we were already back home. :D (It's supposed to continue all night and I'm hoping it does and then conveniently stops before I have to go to work.)
1. So many sick coworkers, but so far I'm not sick. *crosses fingers*
2. Tomorrow's my early day at work, but then the next day I can sleep in! (I'm really hopeful I won't have to go in Thursday at all. I'm going to try and get everything done tomorrow, especially since I definitely have to go in next Thursday so I'd like to get two days off this week.)
3. I finally got a three-star gold cup on the last 100cc course I needed! Now I just need to get three-star golds on all the 150cc, mirror 150cc, and 200cc courses... :D
2. Kitten was super cuddly today (even including some purring!). She still sulks a lot, but she's such a cuddlebun that I think even her tiny kitten brain realises she's only punishing herself by refusing cuddles. XD And the medicines are definitely working. Her gums are still a darker pink but not the bright red they were before.
3. We took a nice walk this afternoon. It was such a nice day. Warm, but not too hot, and a nice breeze.
1. I finally finished rearranging an aisle at work that I've been trying to rearrange for several weeks. It looks so nice now!
2. I can sleep in tomorrow and the day after and the day after! I'm really looking forward to that. I actually woke up before the alarm today, but if I hadn't had to get up for work in half an hour I could have gone back to sleep.
3. I cooked dinner tonight! We've been eating out (or getting delivery) so much lately and really want to get back into the habit of cooking at home, but it's so easy to be lazy... But tonight I brought home free naan and free chicken from work, and we had some jars of sauce in the cupboard, so it was very easy to make a tasty meal and now we'll have leftovers, too.
4. We unlocked the 200cc and 150cc mirror mode courses on Mario Kart 8!
1. I had a nice, relaxing day off. I went out to breakfast in the morning with my mom (but not so early that I didn't have time to sleep in), and now Alexander is over here and we're watching Marvel movies and just hanging out (well, he and Carla are watching and I've been wandering in and out, and when I'm out there, I'm playing Mario Kart on the Wii U gamepad rather than actually watching the TV, but you know).
2. I got both Yasha and Himegoto posted before the end of the month, which was my main goal (I would have liked to work on other stuff, too, and I did a bit, but these are the two that I really try to post every month), and I updated my lyrics website, too. I've been on a roll and have updated every month since November! That's become such a low priority for me that I usually only add a few translations a month, but I do feel bad if I totally ignore it.
3. Kitten actually purred for both of us today (though most of the cuddling was still purr-less).
4. Tomorrow is payday and I just checked the bank to see if the money was showing yet and it looks like I must have got my raise this paycheck! I wasn't expecting it until the next one because they had said it wouldn't be until May, so that was a nice surprise!
5. Speaking of nice surprises, I got the electricity bill yesterday and there was some random credit so the bill was only $6.99 total!